I love technology of any sort, but something I have recently become very interested in is drones. They really are great fun, and I’m only just starting to learn all about them.
When Nikko Air asked me to review their Air Elite 115 DRL Race Set Drone, I couldn’t wait!
As I’ve said I’m very much a beginner and this particular drone is perfect for beginners. Nikko Air have teamed up with DRL (drone racing league).
What they’ve managed to produce is a drone that is perfect for novices like me to learn the basics and fundamentals of drone flying, and you never know move onto the next stage. Although I know I will need a bit more practise first.
So, what is so clever about the Nikko Air 115? Well, let me tell you!
I unpacked all of the parts and it comes complete with batteries for the drone as well as the remote control. One of the great things about this drone is that the battery is rechargeable. It takes about 90 minutes to charge fully. The batteries for the remote control are standard AA batteries and it requires 4 which are not rechargeable.
Once the drone is charged up and ready to go, I found it very easy to sync the remote control with the drone. It was very easy to control and perform simple tricks very quickly. I was having fun in double quick time. In fact I ended up spending hours out my back garden playing with it!
There is also a DRL simulator that is compatible with Windows and Mac that you can practise on before going on a real flight test.
The main features of this drone are:
- It has 3 variable flight modes and 3 speeds to suit everybody from beginners to experts
- 16 one touch stunts which will make you look like an expert
- Auto fly technology which allows you to launch, hover and land with one touch of a button
Some further details about the drone…
- It has a very durable, tough frame that will flex, bend and actually crash with confidence which is particularly useful for me as I spent a good while crashing it before I got the hang of it!
- It has a protective ring for the drone
- It’s high performance which can provide it with speeds of 20+ miles per hour
- It has beta flight advanced software which helps with precise tuning and customise your controls
What you get with this set is…
- Racing drone
- Controller + 4 AA batteries
- 3.7V Rechargeable Li-PO battery
- 1 set (4) replacement propellers
- Instruction booklet
- USB charging cable
- Plus a set of Barriers to create an obstacle course.
The Air Elite 115 DRL Race Set currently retails at Argos as well as all major high street stores and online at a cost of £69.99. (Price correct on publication)
My overall view is that if you want to learn how to fly a drone, this is without a doubt a great entry level one at a very reasonable price, and I would highly recommend it.
For the purpose of this of this review I was supplied with the product to test out. All opinions and thoughts are 100% mine.