This week the Brilliant Dad Feature is James. He was born and bred in Dublin, but now lives in Berlin with his wife Olivia and his twins. James is a fantastic blogger and he explores the journey from infertility to parenthood. He trys to entertain parents and give tips about parenthood that he has learnt along the way.
James blogs at Scantily Dad check it out you won’t be disappointed.
Thank you to James for taking part.
1. Have you always wanted to be a dad?
Yes. Coming from Ireland, big families are the norm. It wasn’t until I found out that I was infertile that I wanted to be a dad even more.
2. How did you feel when your children were born?
It was the best day of my life. Having battled through three IVF treatments, it was hard to believe that our dreams of having a family had come true.
3. What have been the most rewarding experiences been so far as a dad?
Their existence. I cherish every moment that I spend with them. Every morning when I wake up I practice a 5 minute gratitude technique that focuses on how appreciative I am for my twins.
4. What are some of funniest moments to have happened to you as a dad?
There are so many. I don’t know where to start. In hindsight, the day that Max puked on my beard and in my mouth was hilarious.
5. Have there been any situations with your children that you found difficult to cope with?
Nope. I am a very patient man. Every time that things get stressful, I think about coping with infertility and IVF treatments and a screaming baby is like music to my ears.
6. What are your dreams and hopes for your children?
To be happy and successful in whatever they choose to pursue. I want them to focus on their strengths and what makes them different. I will install a confidence in them to pursue their dreams whatever that may be.