We’re going to Disneyland Paris, and I seriously cannot wait! It’s just over a year since we last went and from the moment I left, I couldn’t wait to go back!
Last year we went for 4/5 days, and this year we are going for 7/8 days. The main reason why we are going for longer is because it went so quick last year and I left feeling I had missed so much. Even though it’s not much longer it will hopefully give us a more relaxed pace to the holiday, because knowing we had only four or so days last year it always felt we were rushing to be somewhere. I’m sure we will be rushing this year, but hopefully we will have a little bit of breathing space and it won’t feel as rushed. We can always hope!
So here is what I’m looking forward to most. These are my top five moments that I can’t wait to see again!
1. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel on the actual site. We stayed there last year too. Yes, it’s a bit more expensive than other hotels, but the benefits easily outweigh the extra cost. Yes the hotel may feel a bit dated and stuck in the last century, but I remember walking into the hotel last year and thinking, wow! Yes, I understand the magic of Disney! It hit me like a thunderbolt! I was sold there and then on the magic of Disney! In all honesty, no other hotel will do for me now! It’s easily worth the extra cost.
2. I can’t wait to start having three meals a day! Anybody that knows me knows I love my food, and when it’s served up three times a day in awesome surroundings and Mickey or Minnie are wandering around while you are eating it’s actually quite surreal, but utterly magical.
3. One moment that will stay in my mind forever is at 11pm every night, the awesome Disney castle comes to life, and I mean comes to life! It’s incredible! The music and some of Disney’s classic films playing out on the castle walls. It truly is a sight that is hard to take in until you’re standing there watching it all unfold with the light and firework show going on at the same time. Amazingly they do this every night. I struggle to get my head around that!
4. It’s a Small World has to be the one ride we went on more than any other, and we never got bored of it. The girls loved it every time we went on it and I can’t wait to go back on it’s A Small World again!
5. Finally the most important thing that I am looking forward to is my six year old twin girls enjoying it. When you are six years old you believe. Watching their little faces light up when one of the Disney characters talks to them. They simply believe and that’s the most magical thing in the world for me. You cannot buy that innocence, it’s beautiful, truly beautiful.
I can’t wait to to be transported in the magical world of Disney again soon!